View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Thank you for the effort of your reply, BlackWyvern. Just a few things you mentioned I was unsure about:

I have used EptS x2 in the past and enjoyed it, I do agree that having two is beneficial. Is Auxiliary Power to Structural Integrity I worth consideration for the final engineering slot over Engineering Team? The large instant heal is very handy, but there's something to be said for regular damage resistance on a 15 second hull heal CD.

Maintaining 70%-80% defense. I had been using APO to be able to hi 85% defense while moving at much slower impulse speeds to allow more forward facing weapon up-time, however I'm not completely sold on this idea. APB sounds interesting, as I've never really tried it. How does one maintain a high defense while facing the target? I'm thinking more about larger targets such as tactical cubes, where having to move away many times during a fight can ruin my damage (or the feel of it, anyways).

You mentioned dropping BOIII in favor of more survivability, could you elaborate a bit more on this? If I did drop BOII, I obviously wouldn't need a DBB, opening another slot. What would you recommend as a replacement?