View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 124
02-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Butters
did anyone else not that there are less mods now that there are 3 community mods. was the idea not to bring on more help not replace it? if you check most every sub form there is now one cryptic employee and the 3 new ones now. where as before most sub-forums had more or less 4 to 6 cryptic developers that would mod as they came across anything (mostly passing it up the chin much as we do)

note please note that im not saying that the new mods are not doing there job right, in fact that they seam to be doing rather well. and all things considered we Trekkies are mature and capable of handling ourselves in a professorial manner.

days when the survors are down/slow/full excluded. hew everyone is intitled to be mad, like when your stuck in traffic or someone did not start a fresh pot of coffie after finnishing the last of the one before. but we are all human

just pointing out the things i see.
I have no offical responce on this, since I am just a volunteer, however, from what I remember, a few of the people with moderation rights in some of the subsections were either regular devs or GM's. Infact I felt a few of them were defunct, ie, Dstahl rarely actually moderated stuff, even thoguh he was listed as having moderation rights.

That said, I'm assumng that the GM's that used to help moderate the forums now have enough time freed up to maybe assist with the tickets system? I know I spend about 1-2 hours a day going though the forum report logs and the other 2 guys probably spend even more time than that daily. so I can only imagine how much time this has freed up for the GM's to actually spend time on other issues. Same for Brandon, now he can focus much more on addressing issues on the forums and making reports for the devs, rather than having to spend hours sifting though report logs.