View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpost View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I see what your saying about the damage output for EPTweapons. but it also raises my weapon power setting by over 20 for 30 seconds.

and from what i read I can keep my weapon power up 60% of the time doing it this way. I had read this was a good idea but maybe it isn't.

Is tac team better than transfer shield strength or science team. I assume I will need one hazard emitters an any build as well.
Yeah you can but if you spec into power level raising skills and have weapons power set to 100 you should be at or near the 125 cap already. Doing this, you can ensure you have 100% uptime on the EPtS which means you can set it slightly lower. Engine power makes a difference but on a cruiser, not enough to merit setting it too high, but again with the various efficiency and other power level skills, you can still get at least 50 in engine power at its lowest setting. Same story for Aux power and you can time the use of EPtAUX with your sci heals, or just not dother at all.

Tac Team and TSS do different things and I'd advise you get both. As a heal Sci Team isnt as good as others and its best use is in clearing debuffs like SNB which is rarely a prolem in PvE. HE will clear things like warp plasma (provided your clear of the plasma field) and other DoT effects and will also remove the Borg shield neutralizer, as well as the heal and resist. My priority for those three would be TSS > HE > Sci Team but it partly depends on what you're doing.

It's impprtant not to compromise too much on hull healing, even if you're a brilliant shield tank, eventually those shields will drop or the bleedthrough will add up.