View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Quit with the whining about that we shouldn't have this ship because.
The Akira was built as a warship/torpedo/fighter squadron boat and the USS Thunderchild was credited for helping hold the line against the queen's cube before the Enterprise arrived. Heck even Admiral Hayes' ship was destroyed but that sleek new Akira kept on fighting.
As for T2, I don't think the others qualify but the Rhode Island variant of the nova is a brand new design and while likely a losing proposition it was at least able to delay two Negh'Var warships on Voyager.

There's no reason why those can't be offered, even if they're not much different from the current retrofit in terms of stats; they will only give more choice to the captains and ensure that the artists work on them isn't used only once by characters and then thrown away.

And if their stats are very similar to current offerings and their special abilities are balanced correctly then there is no reason why not.

I'd also like to state for the record that I've been wishing since I maxed out my toons to play an Akira at T5. Even if it was a C-Store offer only I'd still get it.