View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-12-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
Why not just come out and say what you really mean.

I want the BOP universal BO layout on my defiant.

I want the Carrier Fedside.

Talk about your "wolf-dressed-up-in-sheeps" argument...

Trust me when I say this - your beloved Federation will have all that and more soon, and not too long from now you will be whining about all the Galors, the d'Deridex, the Jem'Hadar attack ships, hell why not even throw in Borg Cubes for the heck of it, hanging around Sol.
No, no no no, thats not the point.
I don't care what other species ships are playable on federation side. I want Starfleets ships to be more equal, not some ugly Galor or Jem Haddar bug ships.

Since most of STO players are doing PvE stuff anyways i think it would be best if all tier 5 and above ships would get an universal Lt. Cmdr and at least one universal console slot.
(Especially since the devs made clear that they don't care about balance in PvP anyways. Or why should they make tier 4 and lower special consoles universal?)

Let's face it, PvP is a dying game mode in STO, so why care for some obscure balance anyways?
The devs should give every player the chance to fly the ship he likes the way he wants IMHO.
Every ships would me much more flexible when it comes to BO layouts and consoles but still maintaining its characteristic.
(Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations, everyone? )

Live long and prosper.