View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
I'm still hoping that the 3800 end up allying themselves with the Federation at the very end of the saga and flying off to fight the borg to help save everyone.
Its 2800 and I don't need to play the entire series to know thats not going to happen. not to mention the end of the series seems to imply you board the station and fight the leader of the invasion force, at least given whats said in the info box.

Quote:
When I was playing "Second Wave", an episode that I thought they did a really good job on, I despaired at the admiral saying "The Federation has about 3 years left before we are completely destroyed by the borg!"
first thought when I heard that was that it was a devs attempt at taking a stab at PWE and foreshadowing.

Quote:
I have to agree with the OP. The game is astoundingly bleak in outlook if you stop and think about what is going on. Star Trek differs form other sci-fi genres in its hope for a birght future filled with optimism.
in the grand scheme of things the universe isn't a nice place.

Quote:
If you seen the original Path to 2409 - you can see the travesty and mockery of Star Trek lore all over the place. This game made the Klingons look like a bunch of bloodthirsty warmongering Barbarians that goes on a random violent spree because its the honorable thing to do
I didn't get that vibe from it at all. frankly I would agree with the klingons on this one. it was clear that certain groups were infiltrated and were going to move against somebody sooner or later. they acted in what they believed to be the best interests of everybody, not just themselves. don't forget they were proved right about the gorn. when everyone around you is being manipulated to turn against you, sitting around talking and negotiating isn't the smartest thing to do. particularly when its all one big scam to pretty much destroy everybody

Quote:
the Borg are not going to destroy the federation in 3 years. the federation will be here for centuries to come as they are the main faction in the whole franchise. its a way to ramp up the feeling of danger, in the same way the borg did not destroy the federation in the best of both worlds or the dominion did not win the war but they made it seem like the feds were on the verge of destruction.
the borg learn from every encounter and become more dangerous. the dominion having lost the war was technically due to means beyond anybodys control - technically they should have won the war when the minefield was destroyed

sidenote: anybody else wonder that with all the alternate reality episodes there was never one where the dominion DID win the war? would have been interesting to see