View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 167
02-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
Nvm, I went and did some testing with a friend.

We've found that one EPS console does indeed make a difference, albeit a small one. When using weapons like DHC's it makes near as much no difference but when you start getting into beam arrays it becomes more noticeable. Also the effects become more pronounced after a few firing cycles.

As such, he decided that it wouldn't help his hit and run excort tactics all that much, but my beam boat could definately get some benefit out of this.

Unfortuantely, we didn't get round to testing stacked EPS consoles or the EPS captain skill cause neither of us wanted ot blow CP on respeccing.
I've testing enhancers Power Transfer Rate with Weapons Fire: Stacking consoles, EPS Power Transfer III and the MACO buff up to over 600%. It doesn't make much difference at all. The firing cycle of rapidly draining and restore Weapon Power doesn't allow Power Transfer Rate to work much at all. In my testing you get at best about +5 power from totally bottoming out your weapon power. My advice which I give in my guide, only use enhanceed Power Trasnsfer Rate if you switch power settings in combat, or to recovery more quick from a Beam Overload burst.