View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGmirkin
Kettle. Pot. Black?

Ya' sound a bit know-it-all yourself...

And, yes, some antiviruses and pop-up blockers CAN interfere with downloads. Used to do software tech support back in ~2004 and that was the biggest problem with people installing software or downloading updates...

So, what kind of antivirus you running, if any? Pop-up blockers? etc?

Not asking whether you have viruses. I'm sure you probably don't... But that wasn't the original suggestion, which you seem to have missed.

It seems that perhaps a downloaded file was either saved corrupted during an update download or has become corrupted after the fact?
I am not trying to be a know it all, I am showing that I covered all the bases, I have just confirmed that my AV was turned off during all updates, so I have ruled that out as well. If you think showing the evidence that I have covered all my bases is being a "know it all" you have a pretty bad idea of what a know it all is. I was providing this information for someone to find an answer to this issue since after confirming its not hardware related, not infection related, and just confirming its not AV related. I would like to be able to play this game as I have come to enjoy it immensely. I did as asked by the GMs and provided my DXDiag, HijackThis log, and a screenshot of the error and have not gotten a constructive response.