View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-19-2012, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryMyers View Post
just my personal opinion but i think a lot of people would be happier if you just fixed everything once a week instead of taking the server down every other day it's been annoying how often the server has been going down i'm sure we can wait for something to be fixed if it means we get more playing time.
I'm sure they would MUCH rather only have to fix things once a week, but it is what it is.

Taking into consideration the HUGE amount of changes they have had to make to change the game from Subscription based to Free 2 Play based, I actually think the amount of what's actually working is impressive. In essence they've basically tried to create a new game using old parts on the fly without actually taking the game down for months.

There are A LOT of bugs they have to get worked out and Dynamic patching systems are a HUGE headache and probably why there's been so many bugs creeping up after some patches. When that happens then the only choice they have is to take the server down. There's also the fact that the server(s) they're running the game off of just wanted figured for this many new people in such a huge wave.

EDIT: Also an unnamed source had said before there are only 8 game devs. With so few how many programmers do you actually think they've got working in this? I'm sure these guys are busting their butts as much and quickly as they can to get things fixed. Hopefully F2P will mean more devs and more programmers so this will be a thing of the past.