View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maziken
I appreciate your review. I do agree with a few of your suggestions, but the overall majority of them are things that I wanted to actually have in the mission. I'm planning on taking either the S'Kopa or the Trosk dialogue out, but I definitely want the player to return to Qo'noS.
The general point of that comment was to pick one or the other. I would suggest having the S'Kopa dialog as part of the initial Grant Mission dialog. Then have the player meet with Trosk at the academy to decrypt the PADD. The point was having the player go both places was a little too much, in my opinion.

Quote:
Also, as far as dialog goes, I'm writing less Klingon-like because I realize that the typical Klingon responses make absolutely no sense if the player is a different race; so I'm trying to develop more general responses that will fit all of the races rather than selecting a single race. Another option is for me to go back and place multiple responses on each dialog, but that would just confuse people, I think.
The Klingon like dialog was meant to refer to the general feel of a warrior race. Any of the races that are associated with the Klingons, Gorn, Nausicaan, or others, would not have put up with a Ferengi ordering them around when they had come to warn of a Federation attack. Thatís why I stated that I wanted to beam up and attack the station myself. I understand the story point you were trying to make with it but it still just didnít feel right. My suggestion is to find some other way to tell that part of the story. Perhaps have the player warn the Ferengi and then become curious when the Ferengi disregards it. The player would then research the party or something along those lines.

Quote:
I also forgot that I had Kon on wander as I was testing that out before I republished last. I must have forgotten to take him off wander.
I figured it wasnít meant to be that way.

Quote:
Thank you for your review!
Glad I could help. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.