View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
The idea of crafting bonuses on weapons is just a bad idea...
The OP mentioned the above as an examble, ofcourse such an endeavour would be accompanied by the necessary modifications & restrictions.Restrictions to which mods you can combine and craft. Some restrictions, not many, otherwise there wouldn't be any point at attempting the change at all.

The point of the OP, and please correct me if i am wrong, is to give us free choice in customizing the equipment (all kind not just weapons) we want to use to our personal preference.
Not complete freedom but some and with certain restrictions.We can't go around crafting anything we want with the mods we want.Each type of equipment can have a specific pool of mod choices we can select from and apply during crafting.Not only crafting from scratch but also modifying an already crafted item.
There would be a respective cost based on what modifiers you would choose.With proper restrictions and limits to the extend of free choice we would have, this change can be applied succesfully.

I don't see how this is a bad idea at all, especially when in the above examble weapons with such modifiers already exist ingame from drops (i think) and someone can use them if he wanted to.I agree about the specific point you were trying to make,but that analysis falls into another thread category,one were we judge and evaluate if a build is good or bad.I dont think this thread should be such a thread.

In anyway i believe Star Trek deserves a more complex crafting and customization mechanic than this over-simplistic and uninteresting current one, everyhting is pre-fixed and is passed on to the players not to craft but just to construct.

But as i have said in the past and will always remind myself, i don't think this will ever happen in STO,at this point i am just hoping for the best (till Season 6, after that i will stop hoping one way or another).