Thread: Belfast bridge
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
The biggest let down for me is the following:

Even with release we got several bridges that were CLOSE to the originals on fed side (the old defaint variants, the galaxy-like, the Intrepit)
We later got rather inimportant but relativly close bridges like the prometheus...
Now we got 2 prety awsome "deluxe" bridges + interior.

But for KDF ships, there is ONE bridge that has been used in the series again and again.
The Hegh'ta (kurns ship), the Rotarran, the Chi'tang, Changs bop, the okorona (Klaas ship), even all ships in enterprise have used the same bridge with just SLIGHT variantions (an additional console in the back @ changs ship, a second command chair @ lursa and B'tors ship, a helm in the front at the "enterprise" variations)
The ONE, I repeat ONE bridge isnt there.After TWO YEARS.
I do not ask for 4 or 5 KDF bridges, I just ask for THE ONE bride we saw dozends of times (may be with the variations^^ would be less work then doing 4 or 5).
Yeah I think there are quite a few federation ones that need to be redone too but the KDF one needs at least one bridge redesign at the least for each type since its a waste of money to buy something you already get for free. Not to mention the function of bridges for both sides need some kind of game mechanic function. One possible idea I had been wanting to pitch for them is some new repeatable missions like the Pi Canis sorties that also come with a daily that are essentially ground missions but use the bridge/crew deck/engineering etc with random events that can occur on your ship which possibly may carry over to another enemy or friendly ship. This would help out with the huge lack of ground repeatables or dailies since zaria is pretty much the only one. I do not count the b'tran or azalea because they are poorly constructed missions more so for the KDF side. A first time foundry author or even foundry grind missions are better put together than those missions. Off topic there but it related to my idea/reasoning for more art to be done to our ships of both factions as well as a higher function of them. Plus for Cryptic it would only incite more money coming in for ship bridges if this idea came to being implemented.