Thread: Cancelling Sub
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 21
02-20-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlem72
Why do people get so bent out of shape over the company making money? This is not trolling but an honest question. I have a job and work to get money. I can do things to make more money, like overtime, working for a promotion. Am I greedy? I don't think so.
I don't think its a matter of the company making money, but the person not getting what the percieve as "value" for the money they spend to get something from the company, which is fine. Some af what is in the "drop-boxes" of the past could be percievedd as not having value, especially to a long run player with multiple level 50's. When it is communicated in a similar manner to the way I have put it, it is fine. When they go overboard, like refusing to acknowledge that they dont have to purchase anything, , thats when it gets to me.

I agree that Cryptic should fine tune the "drop-boxes" offerings and find a way to maximize the average players value for the purchase. For instance, "green" drop boxes might be able to be opened for free. Right now, greenies are in the exchange for 1 EC because nobody wants to spend 100 Cryptic points (or other equivalents) to get a n-th high chance of get Tulaberries. An item like that is a waste for the player and for Cryptic if it only takes up space in the exchange for next to nothing.