View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
Tumor while this is great and wonderful and even appreciated, I for one, Feel no sympathy, I'm sorry but I won't. I spent 16 years in the military, Did the First Desert Storm where my routine day was 18-20 hours. Holidays, birthdays, Births deaths and everything else meant nothing. I had a job to do. Nothing or no one could stop it.

I currently work in Law enforcement, Routinely work the holidays, go without lunch, work for 16 hours straight, get 5 hours of sleep and work again. While I think the dedication you show by coming and staying late is admirable I'm sorry but I won't give you any sort of props for it, The Folks who deserve that, Never ask for it.
Your service is appreciated, but not even remotely comparable. When it comes to the military and law enforcement people's lives are at stake. That is not the case when you make video games. So while it may in fact be common and even expected for people to go above and beyond the call of duty when they are fighting for people's lives, there is no such expectation in "normal" jobs because the stakes arent the same.