View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-21-2012, 02:36 AM
also getting this issue on Bajor, and, like someone mentioned, seems to start semi-reliably by the first contact office

logging out, even exiting game, didn't help for me; logging back in had exact same sound problems - i had to re-boot my system for sound issue to go away, and it returned while passing by that office

oddly enough, i tried switching to a different sound output line, and the sound went away (as did ALL my game sounds) *EXCEPT* in-game voice still came through just fine. I'm not sure why that is, but whatever audio channel they're pumping voice through doesn't seem to be the same channel that game audio sound is going through - maybe that's normal, I don't know, but I did find it mildly interesting

also had this issue till recently on DS9 - that problem seems to have been solved (at least for the moment) for which I thank you - it gives me hope that the problem on bajor is similar, and hopefully, similarly easily fixed - although it's entirely possible it just isn't going to be that easy...but I can hope, can't I?