View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2012, 08:39 AM
Thanks. I ended up dropping Tachyon Beam for Transfer Shield Strength to balance out my defense a bit more.

Tyken's Rift has a very cool graphic effect, I love it. But I'm not sure if it's something I'll grab more of, I plan to keep the first level of it for sure. But I think my next Boff ability will probably be Gravity Well.

Right now I'm running balanced power, which works out to 50/50/50/65. But I'm contemplating dropping some of the weapon power to put into aux since the bulk of my damage is coming from quantum torpedoes (and quantum mines). I only have 1 phaser weapon right now, and I mostly took it to use the target subsystem abilities inherent in the science ships. I seem to have no trouble killing ships right now.

I even managed to survive for quite a while in Starbase 24 last night when I got stuck right in the middle of the second wave. Got blown up yes, but I survived longer then the other players did.

Offensive Powers: Torpedo Spread I, Scramble Sensors I, Tyken's Rift I, Sensor Scan II, Target Subsystem (Science Ship version)
Defensive Powers: Emergency Power to Shields I, Transfer Shield Strength I, Hazard Emitters I, Shield Batteries (I keep a big stack lol)
Misc Powers: Evasive Maneuvers, Photonic Displacement II

Forward: Quantum Torpedo Launcher, Phaser Beam Array
Aft: Quantum Torpedo Launcher, Quantum Mine Launcher

Right now it seems like a really good balance of offense and defense and I'm actually able to take quite a beating so far.

Anybody have suggestions for improvement on this?

EDIT: I know HYT is probably a better fit, but I like being able to hit 3 enemy targets with torpedoes, it's making PvE go way faster than it did when I tried HYT and could only hit 1 target at a time.