View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-23-2012, 09:27 PM
I know it's been a really long time since I've watch DS9 (I really want to again too), but that if there's one thing that spending over 3 years on TVtropes.org has taught me, it's that there is nothing subjective (questionably opinionated) about character dialogue that is part of the script. It is canon because it was written, recorded, and heard in the episode. In this case, Kira saying that Bajor has green oceans. She was stating it as a factual statement, and I think the planet was actually shown a few times on screen as well.

If I'm reading this thread right, the suggested "Official" picture of Bajor comes from an art book that was released after DS9 had ended, making it supplementary material that can't be taken as a bigger truth over spoken dialogue heard in the series.

I really believe that dialogue takes precedent over visual imagery in this situation where both can be accurately proven which actually came first. If Bajor was shown to have not-green oceans before that episode where she said it, then I'd take back everything I stated above and would support the image since it would have come first.