View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2860
02-24-2012, 07:24 AM
Changes I'd like to see:

Short-Medium-Long: Put a skin on the moon in Andoria already! It has been a basic UVW map forever. Just map something onto it already, I don't care what.

Short (actual): Adjustment to the Borg torpedo damage. The "magic torpedo" can be forgiven, it seems to just be a graphical error and with a bit of guesswork and luck you can survive it, but there is no reason that my cruiser, full buffed, should be 1 shotted from full shields/hull to dead. 2 shots? okay. 3 shots, perfect. But 1? How exactly am I supposed to tank a 400k damage REGULAR (not high yield) torpedo?

Short 2: Upgrade Maco/Omega. The sets do not give anything significant to really make farming them worth it. The space sets, it's not that they are bad, but they are only lateral moves from the Borg or Aegis pieces, and the only really standout piece is the Maco Shield. The ground sets are okay, but could be better. The stats on the pieces are decent, but I'd really like a few options of weapon. Just me personally, I loathe sniper rifles and full autos, so I now have one weapon slot that is almost always unused. Give us some options here; Dual Pistols? Single Pistols? Pulsewaves? Hi-Density? Blast Assaults? You have all of these amazing weapons, and the sets force you into one, and just one, and it may be one that you have no desire to use. Add onto this, Integral modulation is horribly misleading. I was expecting, based on the name, that it would automatically remodulate my weapon every few shots (3-5, maybe 7). Instead it's just another click. Sure, it's not taking an inventory item, but since it can be used in combat it is adding another level of micromanaging to an already clunky combat scenario (ground). Make it actually integral/automatic, or give us a choice of weapons.

Short 3: Borg specific kits. I know Sci officers used to have one. Why do we not have these back? Get one for each profession -- Sci with their shield destroy and heal mixes, Tac could have a static grenade integrated into a suppression or overwatch kit, Eng could have an AoE weapon malfunction of some sort. But give use something. Make them cost 40-60 EDC each, and again it gives purpose to farming those STF's over and over (and over...and over...and OVER...) again.

Medium: Worthwhile FE content. They way the FE's are, they are just too short, and unsatisfying, and all seem to have at least one part that is nothing but a long drag-out annoyance and time sink, usually with a nice visual set piece (Vault and Bajor, I'm looking at you). Give me something actual to do, a reason to want to replay these missions, better pacing, less "mailman" work. Something.

Medium 2: Move the borg/edc vendors OUT of DS9. Put them back in Gamma where they belong! I'm sure there is some reason why DS9 was chosen, but...it just strikes me as horribly odd that such a critical front is being left untended, with your elite force several sectors and a transwarp gate from their foe.

Long: Content. Content. Content. There are so many sectors, so many planets. I wonder often how many people have even done all of the patrol missions, but once you've done it once there is no real incentive to do it again. The Borg are all big and bad. We get it. How about you work some Undine back in? Terradome could use a whole lot of love. Get us some Jem'hadar STF's -- unlike the Borg, these guys present an ACTUAL challenge, not just a flawed mechanic.

Long 2: Bring back an ACTUAL STF. Quickplay is fine for these ones that older players have already run a few hundred times, before f2p. And another few hundred after f2p. And I know this is asking a lot when the current STF's are so bugged and borked that you have to resort to exploits to finish some of them (Cure ground with no Sci on team). But I want an actual STF back, even if it is done as sequential episodes; you've shown you can lock a replay without having a prior part done. That would apply fine, let a fleet work together to get some tactics down, a reason to replay parts as you are bringing new members up, and an incentive to finish beyond just the Prototype drops, but full Set that can be gotten as a reward only. 3-5 Episodes, each with a piece that you need to do the next part to upgrade, guaranteed drop. Armor, PSG, Weapon, that gives you 9-15 replays right there, easily. With purpose. And without the aggravation of RNG screwing you out of drops.