View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydance View Post
It wasn't really a review.. you do those much better Just saw this post here and thought I comment a little bit on it, since I enjoyed playing it quite a bit.
Thanks a lot. I really enjoyed making it. The lessons Iíve learned along the way have really helped. I try to pass what Iíve learned on to other authors too. It makes the community stronger as a whole.

Quote:
The 'witty' comments from my Captain were spot on, it's how she'd talk. This is of course always a bit risky, everyone sees their captain differently, so what works great for me, might not for others. I truly enjoyed her comments though, the way you set them up work perfectly for me. The briefing part where I make a joke and the Vulcan got confused... awesome, made me smile
I wrote it with my character in mind as well. Iíve played many missions that made me feel more like a passenger rather than the Captain. They were still great stories and missions but I like to write as if there is a reason the player was made Captain. Itís great to have smart BOFFís but hopefully they got that way because of the influence of the Captain. You are right about the writing being risky as it may not appeal to some players, but the style just feels more like all the Captains from the series. There was always a tone self confidence in their ability to get the mission done. To me that is what a good Captain needs to succeed. I also like making the player smile at the wit or the wisdom in a dialog or the way an element of the mission flows. Thanks so much for the compliment and I am really glad you enjoyed yourself. That is my ultimate goal.

Quote:
Also, the 'Rosswell' solution was a great idea and well executed.
Thanks. As I wrote the story script I felt it would make an interesting storyline to draw a parallel with something most people, at least in the STO community, have heard of. Iím glad you liked it.

Quote:
I did search for your name in the foundry, but this one seems to be the only mission I could find. I do sincerely hope you are planning on making more, because I really like your style (and wit).
I have done a 2 part Klingon mission and I am developing more scripts to create more missions on both sides. Between work and school it can get a little hectic but I look at playing STO as a fun way to leave those concerns behind.

Quote:
Thanks again for making the game better!
Thank you so much for the review and follow up comment. It makes my day to entertain and enrich the community, which is why I also do my in depth reviews. My hope is to help other authors perfect their stories which strengthen the community as a whole.

Thanks again,
Brian