View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-28-2012, 10:20 AM
The game is a blast. Yes the GFX are not that of an "AAA" title. But its more about the gameplay and the social gaming experience. Just being able to recreate a "bridge" like setup with each system controlled by a different individual, all being yelled at , er commanded by a captain is a blast. Then when you pit multiple ships, each with their own crew of 5, against each other. Totally awesome chaos! The sector space is randomly generated for each play through. There are also scripted mission you can choose from.

I would love to hear of your experience with the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Some of you may have seen articles fly around the net a few months back, about a Google engineer who built his house with LAN parties in mind. Exhibit A

As it happens, this Google engineer is a friend of mine (and several current & former Cryptic employees), and we've been to his house for a fair number of LAN parties since he completed the house last year.

The latest LAN party announcement went out this week, with a bit of a twist. This time, my friend has come across something called "Artemis Starship Bridge Simulator" Exhibit B

The house is set up with 6 computers in two rooms, so it seems like it's the perfect set up for this game. Or this game is the perfect game for this house, or something.

Have any of you messed with this before? I had never heard of it before the party announcement, but am looking forward to trying it out. Anyone have any advice? Previous experiences? Anything to give me leg up on the other room!