View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-29-2012, 01:31 AM
Thanks for all the replies here guys!

For now I bought the Excelsior Retrofit to do some STF missions and get some elite gear. My long-term plan is to equip my connie with it and roll the T5 content like a man

I have some points to add:

First, I accept the argumentation about how a T5 TOS connie would fit into the 25th century BUT the game also gives you the option to create the weirdest non-canon paint jobs and recently even the chance of getting a cardassian galor class as a federation captain - so how does THAT fit in?

Second, the problem with the current "galaxy full of admirals" is that you end up in a status quo like in all other role playing games where everyone is using the same armor and the same sword because they happen to be the best equipment. So you will not only have a galaxy full of admirals, you will have a galaxy full of the same 3-4 ship classes, which is unrealistic too because I don't think starfleet would build 1000s of (for example) odyssey-class flagships. It would be like the dominion battle scenes full of galaxy-classes - even they feature old miranda ships, or the streets full of ferrari supercars.

A little bit more diversity would not hurt the gameplay at all.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to say that the current system is bad, I just want to post some ideas and feedback as a new player.