View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
What I would rather see is an iPad or Android app that functions as a PADD and allows you to do simple things, like manage DOFF assignments, check and reply to messages, and perhaps even allow you to manage your Exchange sales from outside the game. Said app could also be run in tandem with your STO login, so you could literally review the aforementioned data while autopiloting between sectors, etc. I would gladly pay many Cryptic points for such an app.

Is this something that CBS has said no to? I think that's what I heard on one of the podcasts, but I can't remember for sure.
They have to figure out a way to charge you for it and then a way for you not to share it with your friends. What they know will happen is they design it, stick it up for purchase, and a few people will buy it and the rest will just go download a torrent of it.

Until they can secure it to ensure maximum profit - they won't bother. Once they design a way to link the purchase to a authorization of use on your account (to refuse those who didn't buy it from logging into their account) then you may see it.