View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 487
03-02-2012, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zekesulastin
1) You can no longer use 2x Field Generators.
2) Because you can get enough resists to hang on long enough to GTFO, fire off Reverse Shield Polarity or other emergency heals, get heals from other vessels, or similar (plus, think about what hanging on at 20% hull or so with full shields does for Go Down Fighting ^^). Besides, there's really not too much else useful that goes in there, aside from the Universal Consoles and an EPS mayhaps.
Enjoy them while they last, as they're getting fixed soon. Still, it's nice doing giant piles of DPS more than Mk 12 guns with a mission reward that doesn't rely on sacrifices to the RNG to get
1. Thanks, I found the notes where these were made to not stack.
2. I'm carrying 2x 3.5 weapon power and 1 3.5 shield power engineering consoles. That's why I was asking, these hull resist consoles have a lower "want" value for me.

Hybrid nerf (fix): Crap crap crap. Now I have to find other weapons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekesulastin
And for waepon choice.
I often read that Anti Protons are the best. But the differences are really small right? I have 3,4% crit chance for my ship + 2% on the weapons. Quite possible I missed something but with 5,4% Anti-Proton will do around 1% more damage in general (20% more damage when it crits but only around every 20th hit will crit).
So first if you go for Anti Proton you have to get as much crit as possible . Second with such a small bonus maybe other weapons are better. How much damage do you get from the 10% debuff from Disruptors? The Debuff helps all players firing on the target right? And how effective is the Subsystem Disabling proc from Phasers? Could imagine it could be really useful in PVP.
Phaser disabling proc is probably good in PVP. It only lasts 5 seconds though. I have rarely seen it taking effect in PVE, but it does work on NPCs too.
Antiproton doesn't have a proc, it only has added critical damage. Damage, not chance to crit.
Disruptor proc is probably the best in the game. That's a flat 10% damage increase for everything that hits the target. Everything, from everyone. If there was friendly fire, that would get 10% bonus damage too.