Lt. Commander
# 507
03-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
Google to the rescue again!

Perhaps this will help (with graphs even):

http://theenginescannaetakeit.wordpr...weapon-ranges/

Allowing for a margin of error in the data, then, it appears that beam weapons do maximum damage up to 1km, and then start to drop by around 4% damage per km, down to about 65% damage at 10km.

Once again allowing for a margin of error in the data, it appears that cannon weapons do maximum damage up to 2km then start to drop by around 8% damage per km, down to about 35% damage at 10km.
Thanks for the link. I knew range had some effect on DPS, but I didn't have hard numbers and didn't realize it was that much difference. I was looking at my notes from last night. IIRC the max range I was at was 5k. But, I wasn't paying as close attention to it as I have been tonight. Since I didn't take detailed notes on my range I can't be sure what the difference is on the DPS on the Plasma disruptors after the patch.

I've got fairly good numbers on max DPS for a set of Mk XI AP gear. I'm going to try to get good numbers on what the plasma disruptor numbers are after the cooldown.

Previously I said that I thought the plasma disruptor set was the best, low cost, set until you could get the STF gear. I think that still holds true. Is anybody else digging around with these numbers?