View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2886
03-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Short Term:

1. Fix the servers

2. Fix the endless list of bugs, gamebreaking bugs, and horrible quality control.

Mid Term:

1. Improve the servers

2. Fix the endless list of bugs, gamebreaking bugs, and horrible quality control.

Long Term:

1. Maintain the servers

2. Maintain some quality control, compared to the current, nonexistent, quality control. Actually listen to your players, actually listen to your playerbase when they report the endless list of bug reports, and fix them.

Did I get my point across?

You can add all the best content in the world (I won't hold my breath though, because its probably not going to happen), but if the servers which host the players and all this new awesome content can't stay up for more than 24 hours without crashing, and players can't play the game without running into bugs that litteraly make the game unplayable, make the game un-fun to play because of bug exploits, or just make the game annoying because of bugs and lack of quality control leads to missions that break, items that don't work, maps that bug out, missions that bug out, (I can go on, and on, and on).

When you build something, you don't build the roof first and work your way down. You build a good foundation so that it'll hold the building and any future improvements you make to it.

^ And that is NOT the way you all are going about it. You need to get back to basics and fix the things that have been broke for months and years, and get everything stable before you worry about adding even more crap to the game which, undoubtedly, will have gone through 0 quality control checks, and will be broke upon release only to be fixed weeks/months later or just never. Don't add more stuff to the mix and make it worse before everything you have at this moment works as intended.