View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2012, 11:19 PM
First off, the mission you want is Assimilation. I would also agree, the borg console you get from that mission and a Field Generator are great choices for the science slot. The Field Generator can also be bought with Dilithium. Whatever you go with in the science slot, I would say drop the bio consoles as crew means nothing in this game.

One really big thing I or anyone else that could give advice needs to know is what captain type are you? I'm going to assume that since you chose the Negh'var you are an Engineer. If however you are a tactical captain I would say the Vorcha refit would be a better choice.

Tetryons are not all that bad, there really isnt anything special about them, but I cant dog on them too much since I fly the same ship with Tetryon beams. If you are hell bent on using cannons on a very slow turning ship this is what I would do.

Tac team 1, Rapid fire 1 or high yield torp 1, rapid fire 1 or fire at will 1, rapid fire 1

Power to shields 1, Power to shields 2, Aux to Damp 2, Direct Energy 3
Power to weapons 1, Eng team 2, Aux to Damp 2
Power to weapons 1

Hazard emitter 1, transfer shields 2, or polarize hull 1, sci team 2 depending on what you are facing, Breen for example.

You could go, 3 heavy cannons and a torp forward, or 3 heavy cannons and a beam bank forward. with 4 turrets aft.

You can chain the power to shields with power to weapons, always having both active. The Aux to Damp can be chained pretty good to give you some better turning. You might want to try either dropping an armor or the eps for another RSC, but you'll never turn like a Vorcha. A higher engine setting will also help with turning. If need be, reverse and evasive maneuver.

Just throwing out there, buy some cheap beam arrays off the exchange and 1 or 2 beam banks, try a tac team 1 and fire at will 2, or beam overload 2. It's a lot easier to use and works great.

Also is this for PvE or PvP. If PvP, this is all a no no. However, Heavy cannons and turrets work pretty well on a Vorcha, even in pvp.

Link to this thread will give some great Ideas for all types of cruisers. Putting it on page 9 with a Vorcha set up, page 10 is Neghvar

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=249906&page=9