View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkenes View Post
I've been browsing the forums and seen two different stories. One says due to a global cool down more then three Dhc's will fire whilst a fourth sits idle. The other side says that that's old and that four Dhc's all fire at the same rate. Jt looking for some clarification on this. If a patch updated this and anyone knows which one could you provide a link to the patch release notes? I've searched through the release notes and haven't found anything in relation to this then again I may just be blind. Thoughts?
You probably saw some very old information on the forums. At one time, cannons shared a global cooldown, so 2-3 dual cannons were the maximum that you could have, cause any more would sit idle indefinitely.

Not the case now. Many of the top PvPers will run 4 DHC, or combinations of duals, DHCs and torps. Just keep in mind the more energy weapons you fire, the greater the drain on your power systems. Not too much of a problem if specced into EPS with consoles and weapon power efficiency.