View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 73
03-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
Quote:
3) If you're a Gold Member you get a stipend. You can buy 1-2 packs a month with that. If you're a Silver Member, you have no room to complain. You're playing for free. If you want "enhanced gameplay" cough up some cash in the C-Store.
telling silver players they have no room to complain, for any reason, is offensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel View Post
...Was it a slap in the face? Rather they have no room to complain about having to pay for something (which is not even true).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
...close enough to a slap in the face. silvers tend to get treated as second class citizens by certain people around here. and someone does have to pay for it. cstore points aren't free. and everyone has a right to complain about having to pay for something that shouldn't have had resources wasted on developing it or shouldn't have been made a pay thing in the first place
Rhodes85, my comments were not meant to be offensive. I think KitsuneRommel understood my point. People were complaining that they'd have to buy these packs to unlock content. This is unfounded and I was listing reasons why it was untrue and/or even if the P2W packs granted advantage, there are ways to acquire that advantage without shelling out cash.

In regards to Silver players' rights to complain... Anyone can "complain", I'm not trying to stiffle free speech here or anything, but really, c'mon Silvers, you're playing for free, do you REALLY feel justified being upset because the free game is giving you the 100% OPTIONAL chance to spend some money? I find people who answer that question in the affirmative to be a little too naive, and probably should rethink their stance, but hey, what do I know?

As for "something that shouldn't have had resources wasted on developing it" -- That's entirely a matter of opinion. I don't think the resources were wasted. New assignments, new chains, new races, new rewards, etc.? Hey, if you don't like DOffing, you don't like it. I love it, I'm happy to have them.

There's other things to do in STO, I personally am not too fond of the Deferi Invasion stuff. You won't "hear" me complain about it though. I just don't do it.

As for "shouldn't have been made a pay thing in the first place", again your opinion, but two things: 1) This is a F2P Game. They have to make their money somewhere and as I said in my OP, business/marketting 101 is to make a product/service, then infuse a need for it in your customer. It's the nature of the Beast. If you want STO at all, the money has to come from somewhere. Their bean counters probably told them there were enough DOffers that they could make a tidy sum off its development, so there ya go.

2) You don't have to pay for it in any place, for reasons in my OP.

Anyway, I can't wait to get home, buy some new GQ DOff packs, and (hopefully) find and start on some new chains tonight.
Edit: Well, apparently, it's been pushed to tomorrow, more's the pity. Meh.