View Single Post
Lt. Commander
Forget Me Not
By Sovereign77x

Mission ID: ST-HFMIG9X2P
Length: 30 to 60 minutes (determined by your choices)
Faction: Federation
Level Requirement: 16+

Synopsis:

A supply convoy has gone missing while under the protection of your former protégé and close friend, Commander Samantha Taryn. In a time when so much is sacrificed, and so many lives are lost, you will go to extraordinary lengths to bring this one Starfleet officer home.

Greeting STO Community,

I am excited to debut my new Foundry mission, Forget Me Not. This mission is the result of about 40 to 50 hours worth of work. Although the mission itself can be completed in only 30 to 60 minutes, it is easily the most complex mission I have created to date. Below are a few of the reasons I believe you should give my mission a try.

Your Choices Matter

My primary purpose with this mission is to offer radically different game play experiences to players based upon their decisions. If you are looking for a solid combat experience, you'll find it here; however, if you are looking for a mission that is dialogue and puzzle driven--one that you can complete without firing a shot--then you'll find it here also. Both approaches are fully realized, and very believable in light of your choices.

Optional Stealth Game Play

At one point in the mission, you will have the option to complete your objectives using stealth, rather than force. This approach offers several unique puzzles, such as sneaking past enemies undetected, finding your way through a smokescreen, and overcoming temptation. Players can customize their stealth experience by choosing whether they want to play in easy or hard mode.

Unique Storytelling

If you played my Deadly Intentions mission series, you'll notice some big differences with this mission. While Deadly Intentions endeavored to tell an epic story, Forget Me Not is much more personal. I've actually taken some creative license, and written some back-story for your character referencing events from other missions in the game. Ultimately, I hope this will allow players to have a much more personal connection to the narrative.

I am humbled and grateful for the warm reception my previous missions have received from the Star Trek Online community. I hope that many will find this mission to be similarly enjoyable. Please feel free to post your comments, feedback, and suggestions for improvement in this post.