View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2903 this is an old suggestion:
03-11-2012, 12:56 PM
PLAYER's SHOULD HAVE THE CHOICE TO RETROFIT their favorite ships as a c-store item! DO NOT "retro-fit" a ship model we've already seen and don't make me pay for ship models I already have! If I have a defiant, I shouldn't need to buy a tactical defiant two ranks later. *I HAVE ONE*.

PLAYER's SHOULD HAVE THE CHOICE TO RETROFIT their favorite ships as a c-store item! akin to giving a ship a promotion to the next rank/teir, allow ships to "STAGE UP +1", maybe even "+2". I like the oberth science vessel, but have no use for a LT rank vessel once I am no longer an LT. the option to "player retrofit" or Stage up +1, would increase the number of weapon slots, fore and aft, number of console slots, device slots, and bridge officer ranks and slots. this would mean players using a greater variety of ship models.

at current, End game ships have a maximum of 4 slots in any area- but there is room for 5, even 6 slots.
if you want C-store ship consoles to have an increased value, adding "universal console slots" to a ship for those c-store console items only, would be quite a boon to players who pay for them. this does grant some advantage, but isn't Pay2win as much as some may think. for example, you could limit this to the autodefence turret that fires a bolt of plasma, and not allow this for the point defense turret phaser cannons console.