View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 236
03-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Guess I'll give my quick opinion.

Overall, I liked this mission. I can see why some people would not love the EVA portion, but I thought it was well done, technically. I felt like I was clanking around on the hull of the station and using suit thrusters to move. I stepped off one of the ledges and floated. Well done!

Of course it would have been even better if you could've used suit thrusters to move at will, but I'm okay with it.

The puzzles weren't that great, but okay once you get the hang of them.

Puzzle #1: Sensor Redirection -- Kudos for a Cardassian-style control interface, but having to plod all the way around to get to the secondary controls is a bit tedius. They do change when you replay the mission, so it's not like you do it once and write it down. It's just the logic of combining enforced slow movement with semi-distant panels that I question. Ah well, this is Cardassian engineering and DS-9.

Puzzle #2: Isolinear Chips -- Hated it the first time through. I'm a guy who can only solve one face of a Rubik's Cube at a time; this is not my forte. Once you figure out the solution, though, it's a cakewalk. Unlike the first puzzle this one never changes. Maybe it should, but I would have been seriously frustrated replaying this for my alts.

I liked everything about the interior mission. My KDF Science Healer had a lot of trouble with this, but my other characters did fine.

Space. There's a reason it's called the "Final" frontier, I guess. I can't tell you how many times I respawned on this no matter which character I used. I can say that this was very frustrating to do in a BoP and I was getting creamed even in my Odyssey. Only my Engineer was able to limit the number of Ka-Booms by tanking like mad. I don't mind Ka-Booming once in awhile when I deserve it, and maybe I did deserve it for not kitting out my build to the max, but that was harsh.

I would have enjoyed this more if the mission had taken me down to say, 25% hull to show me that the odds are really, really bad, then played the cutscene and had the Enterprise warp in to attack range with a small task force to even the odds a little. Also, at the point when the cutscene ends, give me a chance to buff my ship and lick my wounds before I have to rejoin the fray... I don't need to be targeted by a half dozen or more ships at that particular moment in time.

Getting blown up is not a good mission trigger to advance the story, IMO.

Oh, and put the respawn point somewhere away from the station, M'Kay?