View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 240 My two cents.
03-12-2012, 06:28 PM
The space walk was pretty cool, but hopefully they find a way to expand on the system for future uses. Despite the thrill of being outside the station, the pathing was rather limited.

Inside DS9 was by far the hardest part for me. I essentially used my stealth to circumvent the Jem'Hadar on the promenade entirely. The few times I was either discovered or attempted to engage the soldiers, I got an education everytime. And as frustrating as that was, I had to remind myself that I'm on an enemy space station and one dipstick with a phaser is NOT going to take out an occupation force.

That said, I made it to OPs. Managed to take out all of the guards and eventually the top dog.

I did not find the space portion to be especially difficult, but it was enjoyable just the same. A good space battle is always welcome. I too was excited to see the Enterprise hop into the fray, but was equally disappointed to see that it wasn't skippered by a more familiar character. Ahh well.

Overall, an enjoyable mission. But if I could change anything, I would have made it possible to do more to undermine the Jem'Hadar on the promenade. More forcefield traps, transporter beam outs and the like. And have those traps actually remove enemies from the map, though the cutscenes showing the results of my sabotage were very enjoyable, I don't think the traps did much to actually remove any enemy groups. At least, I didn't really notice a difference.

Between the cutscenes showing the sabotage results and the groundwork laid for spacewalks, I think we'll be seeing some cool features coming our way in the Foundry... eventually. If nothing else, some great features making their way into the game with more frequency.