View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Trust me (if you are willing), we need a new "system" I forget which interview Dan mentions "why" on, but there is a reason. Such a new system would allow even more content for PvP. I know you may be doubtful, but, time will tell

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
It's hard to trust a company that has promised so much and delivered so little, with every promise having a "soon" or "next season" attached.

Lack of content exists now. Not in Season 6. Now. So a solution should be implemented now.

It is as I have said before, if even half of the effort put towards the cash grab mechanics that have been added to the game since going F2P were applied to supporting the game itself, the game would be twice what it is.

Stop worrying so much about making money. If you make a solid product, the money will come.

But PWE seems to want to make as much money with as little effort as possible. After the lottery box fiasco so many people have opened their eyes as to what game PW is playing. I predict that the next cash grab will not be nearly as successful. And the one that follows after that one, even less so. People do want stuff. But they also want a game to use that stuff in. And as they run out of content (those who are new to the game) they will see less and less of a point to buying stuff.

What will happen when the cash grabs stop grabbing the cash? Will PW finally take game content seriously? Or will they just shut STO down and use it as a tax write-off.

I don't speak for everyone. But I know I am not just speaking for myself when I say, "I'm tired of waiting."

I'm not buying a single C-point or subscribing to the game until serious effort gets put into making the GAME worth spending money on. Because as far as I am concerned, right now, with its severe lack in content, it is not.

I know that Cryptic can do good work. When they DO release playable content, it is pretty darned good. As a silver, I would pay the C-point equivilant of a month's subscription to unlock access to the next featured episode series. But I will not pay for fluff.