View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Trust me (if you are willing), we need a new "system" I forget which interview Dan mentions "why" on, but there is a reason. Such a new system would allow even more content for PvP. I know you may be doubtful, but, time will tell

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
You're kidding, right? Didn't the entire set of skills (along with a number of other things) get a total revamp early this year or late last? And now the devs are working on revamping systems yet again?

At some point you need to stop stirring the pot, and consider if you need more salt, pepper, or other ingredients to liven it up. Continually messing with the equation is a Bad Thing (tm), especially in a F2P game where people have to spend money over and over to re-do their characters and gear, because some crafty dev decided they wanted to change everything.

An ending note, and this one is deadly serious: I left Runes of Magic because they continually implemented "planned obsolescence". Every 3-6 months I had to go out and fetch/quest/raid for new gear, because my old was totally obsolete due to new introductions. In a normal subscription-based MMO that isn't a big deal, because none of it costs anything. With a cash shop, it means I'm paying out the nose every 3-6 months to do upgrades. People catch on to that quick - I did and couldn't leave fast enough. They lost my purchasing power, and soon after I left so did my guild - all 100+ of us.

Be careful you don't implement planned obsolescence.