View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 302
03-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_X
Those are a lot of Ifs. A lot of things can happen between now and then. But I agree. Cryptic needs a drastic change of pace.
It's a Plausible Progression Chain, which is a method of interpreting possible future outcomes, starting from an established point, and postulating "if" statements. It relies on extrapolation of "plausible" truths, meaning, they aren't so far fetched as to be improbable.

It's by no means a way of saying "This for certain will happen."

Who knows, maybe dStahl comes on here tomorrow and announces 3 new STFs, Regional Capture PvP and a Level Cap increase, along with a plan to get all known bugs fixed by the end of the year. That would certainly change the Plausible Progression Chain drastically.

However, there has been no indication that such a radical change is in the works, and I doubt that another 1, or even 2 FEs being added this year, would be enough of a course correction for this game, because it doesn't fix the fundamental flaws that exist.

I don't want to see this game fail. Frankly, I've invested alot into it, via the C-Store. More than I probably should have. However, seeing what I am now, I don't have a good feeling for the future. This, ends up effecting my support for the game through micro-transactions (as I believe it does for others as well, if they feel the same) and that only hastens the decline.