View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 54 Pot calling Kettle, black.
03-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgenocide View Post
Disclaimer: I am one of the usually silent lifetime members.

The OrganizedPvP channel is becoming the whinning channel. OMG, while reading the text for nearly an hour I kept expecting Oprah Whinfrey to show up and give you all a big hug. I know you have complaints and some valid, but get with it. Make your point and go do something else. Either that or at least start the OrganizedPvPWhinersClub channel/

I understand you are trying to be productive, but if you look at this from an outsiders point of view, the new players would be thinking my god this game is about to implode, creating a singularity at the center of the earth, destroying all life on our planet and then slowly consuming the solar system. If I was a new player interested in pvp, I would think there is no point in ever playing STO. May as well just leave now. If you want to see changes, you have to build the community for PvP. And that will never happen if they read these forums and read the content of the OPvP channel and think they may as well go back to ... (insert game).

I am not saying to not voice your complaints. But the constant whining for over an hour?!?!?!?! This is a game! I know you want it better, you know you want it better. You may not believe the devs want it better, but if you tell them you don't care, they will have no incentive to help the community and they will give up. There is probably a dev who is thinking, wow... I put in all this hard work, trying to make a change for these guys, and those guys really don't believe anything I am doing is valuable. So why should he bother.

Try constructive criticism and a bit less sarcasm.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
It doesn't sound like you're the level headed guy, you are whinning yourself. Welcome to Earth. If you don't like to hear complaints than don't open a forum or just play another game. There are always going to be people out there with ideas and you have some people that have complaints. If the complaints outnumber the ideas, then you probably need to make some changes in their favor, or you risk lossing players, period.