View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-18-2012, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
We actually did roleplay a very realistic and very involving task force operation using politically correct ship to ship communications and 'network centric warfare' implementation.

[...] task force's scheduled rendezvous and flight plan [...]element of surprise [...] sensor 'window' to slip behind enemy lines [...] implemented a smarter tactical protocol than 'point nose towards nearest enemy and engage'.

All very Star Trek and all very akin to authentic Starfleet training and could be developed further with future RP sessions.
[...]
Casual dates at Quarks aren't RP to me, they do not generate memorable plot lines nor do they progress my career as a Starfleet officer. They are also too slow, and the activity therein do not satisfy my professional requirements as an RPed military officer.

On the other hand negotiating with separatist Cardassian militant elements to integrate them with the current civilian leadership (Detapa Council) is more relevant to my duties as an FDC officer. I have an RP fleet coordinate with me for such activities, and conduct rather high level written "duels" in the form of proposals and counter-proposals, each time we commence diplomatic proceedings. Again, taking influence from actual UN conferences.

And as for wanting Star Trek roleplaying in a Star Trek environment, I can think of no better solution than adopting a post-modern adaptation of current US Navy procedures in a gamer-friendly format to enhance in-game team efficiency without the use of voice communications.

[...]
This actually souns quite interesting. Where can I join?