View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-19-2012, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenTech
funny how ONLY this game gave me issues with the 12.2 and 12.3 drivers(various versions) and i tested over 20games for rendering errors on my 6870's.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, O great tester of games, but Google seems to show many other games and websites (such as STOR and GameTrailers.com) are reporting similar issues with this update.

In fact, the issues with this driver release are even mentioned in AMD's release notes.

Quote:
Known issues under the Windows 7 operating system

The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows 7 operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst. These include:

Alan Wake - Enabling CrossfireX can cause corruptions or hangs. This issue will be fixed in AMD Catalyst 12.3
Elder Scrolls - Image corruption can be be seen with Anti-Aliasing enabled on speciic AMD graphics hardware. This issue will be fixed in AMD Catalyst 12.3
Vsync may be disabled after task switching when playing Rage.
A black screen may be displayed when running Civilization V in certain Eyefinity configurations.
Playing Far Cry 2 at high in game settings may generate a system hang.
Poor performance may be experience when playing Dirt 3 in DirectX 11 mode at low resolutions with Crossfire enabled.
Known issues under the Windows XP operating system

The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows XP operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst. These include:

The system may hand when playing Dirt 3 at maximum in-game settings.
I'm reverting back to the old ones once I remember how to without downloading some sketchy third-party program.