View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 31
03-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjames3653
I agree and also after you beam back up to your ship and the Romulan ships show up you should have been able to pull a Captain Kirk and surrendered yourself into Romulan Custody in order to prevent a war. This mission reminded me of the Undiscovered Country if Kirk was more of a jerk.
On the bright side we can now probably happily expect an open war between the Federation and the Romulans, leading to a much earlier demise of the Alpha Quadrant at the end of the Borg's assimilation tubeles.

I myself welcome our new Borg overlords!

All because some game designer apparently wasn't aware of the concept of "having to deal with the consequences of your actions" (tm) and thought that the player character getting away in such a situation was something cool. Yeah, until the CCTV recordings of the medical station's security system are shown in the evening news and show some stupid-as-frell Starfleet officer butchering dozens of researchers who try to find a cure for a disease ravaging your people.

STO2's story will then deal with the players conquering and assimilating the other quadrants of the galaxy. Expect interesting daily missions like "Assimilate 3 starbases in sector 001" and "Protect 8 Borg cubes from being destroyed", follow intriguing episodes detailing the aftermath of the fall of the Federation and the following assimilation of the Klingons, Cardassians, Romulans and other known species.