View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 6 Why I like Ground
03-20-2012, 08:31 AM
First, I can only give you advice on how to become mediocre, but it's a step: Bring a good attitude. Leave your ego out of the game, because it will get shredded when you're first learning ground PvP. Accept that you will spend more time face down in black & white than you will doing the pew-pew. If you can handle that -- if you can laugh and learn from your failures -- you've taken your first step into a larger world.

I like ground because of the people. Seriously. Even the hostile, semi-sociopathic ones. To me, personalities come through so much more when you're looking at another "person." That's utterly subjective, I know. Just explaining the appeal *to me*. I've made some good friends on the ground.

So, if you really want to learn ground, book a vacation package on Otha. In fact, plan on spending a lot of time there. If you're respectful of the uber-players and show and eagerness to learn, trust me: they will take the time to teach you a thing or two. They'll also kill you a few hundred times. Refer to first paragraph above concerning "ego."

_\V/_