View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-22-2012, 06:08 AM
I did some rough calculations yesterday and the formula seems to point in the right direction, at least with regard to what is additive and what is multiplicative. But I did not look up the supposed base damage value, so I cannot confirm the exact values of the involved numbers.

What is weird though is that this explanation mentions a ship tier specific component of the formula. I thought that this damage-dependence on ship tier was removed sometime during S1 or S2. I haven't tested lately whether this is still the case or whether maybe this is another example of ancient code making a comeback.

Interestingly enough heals also scale with ship tier and this has never been removed and makes playing a lower tier ship really so much less fun than it could be. My Golfball's heals are laughable.

And regarding Sensor Analysis: SA boosts everything, including basically all sci abilities. So it makes sense that it is multiplicative rather than additive.

Fun task for testing: Build up SA against a target, get scrambled, use a heal on the enemy. Is the heal getting boosted by SA?