View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-27-2012, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
Based on this, and for STFs:
Dont use both Rapid Fire and Scatter Volley, choose one. Either are really fine for STFs, both have advantages during certain parts of them, but since they put each other on CD, best to just choose one, and keep two copies of it. Definitly dont have a total of 3 copies slotted, one is just going to be wasted.

Im personally not a fan of Dual Beam + overload, but if you want to keep it, I suggest getting BO3. BO1 just isnt worth the DPS loss of torpedos imo. Though if you get BO3, guess you could keep BO1 (nothing else to slot there), but I personally would just equip a quantum torpedo launcher and use HYT or TS. The extra beam also impacts your weapon energy, and BO drains it further, neither of which happen with torpedos...

Attack Pattern Omega I is good against borg, gets out of their tractor beams (polarize hull works too, but sci slots are better spent elsewhere).

Your sci slots are perfect for STFs.
Hmmm.. That really opens up some further opportunities, especially for some appealing Commander Tactical Skills. I DO find scatter volley useful, but selective use of it might be better. How about ...

Tactical Commander
Tactical Team 1, Attack Pattern Beta 1 (Auto) OR Scatter Volley I (manual select), Rapid Fire II (Auto), Attack Pattern Omega III (Auto)

Tactical Lt.
Tactical Team 1, Rapid Fire 1 (Auto)

How would that affect cooldowns?

('Auto' indicates I have this set to run automatically to activate as a keybind when I hit space).