View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 160
03-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph.B
@AuntKathy out of curiosity are you always so methodical? Every post from you is bullet proof logical.
Years of dealing with forum posts in various games, illogical bosses and/or coworkers, and unreasonable family members has taught me to have airtight logic. As I mentioned in another post, this has led more than one ex to proclaim that I was as close to Vulcan as a human could naturally get without pointed ears and green blood (the most recent was about 10 years ago).

Quote:
After looking at the numbers it the change doesn't really worry me too much.
That's what I've been trying to tell folks. The console itself is nerfed heavily. But, overall survivability is not nearly as affected.

Quote:
However I am actually surprised that people would prefer to have one unique must have +35% generator versus just constructively advocating that the Developers rework shield scaling with a "fix it" script. Surely with all the good joy of object oriented programming and inheritance the formulas for the shields are simply an inherited class... Only the set items and one off items (Reman, Pantrinic etc) would need some special care.
I'd actually advocate a different type of console than the one espoused in this thread (except by one other person, I think): Shield damage resistance. It would have the same net effect without massive shield sizes.

Quote:
My desire to have the generator removed from the game is solely based on the fact it provides a massive bonus with no downside.
This is the crux of the matter. Coupled with that, the additional issue is the console itself seems to be too powerful relative to other consoles of the same type/class (and not a universal console).