View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Argh, these 3 stars are killing me. It's like a very sizable portion of the playerbase doesn't realize that they can adjust the star rating from its default of 3 stars.

So, I'm getting tons of reviews that are like "Wow. Excellent." 3 stars.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there something that can be done with the UI to help educate the players that they can change the star rating?
Can't really think of anything except putting an extra sentence in the last dialog box of the mission (the one that completes it) saying, "Make sure to click on the 5 star rating above if you loved this mission" or something similar.

As a group entity, people have very short attention spans - they just want to click and go. Most authors are lucky to get any commments most of the time.

But sadly, mission trolls seem to have a terrific grasp of the "1 star" click, so some people out there do know how to use it (albeit badly). I have seen some incredible missions (most of yours included) arbitarily 1 stared. Why? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Again, the only thing I can think of to educate folks who really meant to give you a great rating is to have that last little reminder sentence at the end.

BTW, excellent subject, loved responding to it! * * * LOL!