View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2981
04-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericandrewross
1) I see images of Klingons shooting rifles left handed on the website, yet there is no option to choose if a character is left or right handed. I know this would not have any real impact on gameplay, but I think it would be neat to be able to choose if my toon is left or right handed. Maybe this is something that I notice more then most because IRL I am a left handed shooter.
I suggested this a while back for Champions Online, where it seems that all barehanded energy slingers are left-handed. All the feedback came from non-Cryptic folks who nonetheless had some background in the field, and the basic gist is that it would require reworking every affected animation individually. It strikes me that this should be a fairly simple project, though "simple" and "easy" are two different things, and how easy it would be depends on the tools the devs have available and how the model data is structured.

All that said, I'd love to see a "handedness switch" available in both games, and in Neverwinter.

(To add to the confusion, while I'm right-handed for writing I do many other things left-handed, including shooting. I think it'd be a bit much to ask for separate switches for combat and non-combat handedness, though.)