View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygone View Post
, unfortunatly this basically means you will fail the optionals as their will not be enough DPS to down the other targets before the 15minute mark is up.

With this in mind, the only science ship that can preform this role is the Nebula, I will for the remaining of this post assume that you are going to put your hand in your pocket and buy this ship.

Weapons:
Dual Beam Antiproton Bank MK XII [Acc] [CrtD] [Borg]
Dual Beam Antiproton Bank MK XII [Acc] [CrtD] [Borg]
Quantum Torpedo Launcher MK XII [Acc] [CrtD] [Borg]

Antiproton Turret MK XII [Acc] [CrtD] [Borg]

Consoles:
Neutronium Alloy MK XI (Rare)
EPS Flow REgulator MK XI (Rare)
Assimilated Module

Shield +18% Capacity (can't remember name)
Shield +13% Regen (can't remember name)
Graviton Particle Generator MK XI (Rare)
Graviton Particle Generator MK XI (Rare)

Antiproton Mag Regulator MK XI (Rare)
Antiproton Mag Regulator MK XI (Rare)

The Recon Science can have 3 tactical consoles, and for DPS purposes, swapping the +13% regen for the Assimilated makes more sense (that's that I do.) I personally do 1 Flow Cap and 1 Particle Emitter to take down shields faster and to more damage for STFs... the Grav generator doesn't help with that at all.

I also subscribe to 5 beam banks up close and personal as being able to do more damage and more consistantly than 2 dual-beams and turrets, but that's a preference thing I suppose. Higher speeds increase defense so the loss of the shield regen isn't a big deal.

I don't bother with flow regulators, as I took a few pts in skills to do "good enough" and a second neutronium is great for survivability.