View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 1433
04-09-2012, 01:43 PM
*raises hand in guilt*

Strike me up as another who has to confess to being led away from STO.

I admit, way back, when it had been out for about twelve months and it was "the" thing to be playing, I didn't understand World of ********. I let curiosity get the better of me and played WoW for about two weeks. Sufficed to say I played it through gritted teeth, and gave up before my month had even lapsed. The pace was agonizingly slow.

I've now done the same thing with the Old Republic, with the difference being... So help me, I'm enjoying it. I was a huge fan of KOTOR, and if nothing else, I want to see how it ends.

I'll be interested to see how my time is divided. I spent most of my game time yesterday in Star Trek, and I suspect a lot of that was out of guilt from the rest of the fleet. We lost two central officers over the weekend, which has left the rest of us in a bit of a worried place as suddenly the 'veterans' of the fleet can be counted on the fingers of one hand, and its up to those few (myself included) to do something about the attrition and stem the flow.

I'll give you just one guess where the other officers have been steadily disappearing to...

I love STO. I really do, but Cryptic need to start delivering content and systems to help keep fleets (and the community in general) healthy. Even if it were a mission a month, I don't think that comes close to the influx of content the game needs to retain people when the competition looks so good. We're dying, here.