View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
As cool as it would be, it would take a lot of art assets. Drozan Station at least had the benefit of being self-contained, but now you'd be talking about creating a whole outdoor environment without any art assets borrowed from existing assets to help you out. Besides the fact there there aren't any mechanics currently in-game for using vehicles with a player character.

There again, they might be able to borrow some art assets from Champions Online, which could help creating such a mission a LOT easier...
Oh, sure-- I completely understand that it would require new artwork, assets, etc.. Just throwing that out there in case one day there's the budget, time, and resources.

BTW, I don't think it would be necessary to do this huge, expansive, overly detailed outdoor environment that painstakingly recreates the 20s, 30s, etc. I'm not talking Death to Spies or anything. The mission could just be carried out no differently than it is done in some of the others we've seen-- starts out in a limited outdoor environment (plaza surrounded by a few buildings with a few NPCs walking around?), with the users having to teleport to limited interior spaces. I could even see some of the pre-existing tunnels/ halls/ labyrinths from various other missions being re-used, except instead of "space ship interiors" they're re-skinned to look like a speakeasy or German bunker or something.

The only real obstacle I see is in terms of clothing.

Again, this is something that I thought would be fun for both developers and players alike, especially to alleviate burnout. Besides, the whole time travel "fish out of water" thing is a time-honored ST tradition.