View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 63
04-10-2012, 05:16 PM
A few minutes ago me and some of my fleet mates run some other test with some interesting information.

All test were run on Space Arena at 2 km of distance.

My fleet mate (an Engineer Captain) was in a Odyssey Star Cruiser (the free one) with the Borg set and the MK XII MACO.
  • Shield energy: 80
  • Auxiliary energy:73

I am a Science Captain with a Nebula Class, and I use Borg set with Maco MK XII Shield.
  • Auxiliary energy: 125
  • Fully skilled Starship Flow Capacitors, Starship Graviton Generators, Starship Particle Generators, Starship Shield Emitters and Starship Shield Systems
  • I have 1 Very Rare Tractor Beam Duty officer and one Rare.
  • Blue MK XI particle generator console.

First test with him having 0 (cero) at Power Insulators and with out deflector.

-Charge particle III alone gets his shields from 11469 to 7461
-With the hole combo Tractor beam I (with Doff) + Tachyon Beam II + Charge Partricle III. Their shields went from 11469 to 2050 after 10 seconds.

Second test with him having 0 (cero) at Power Insulators and with the Borg deflector (+23 Starship Power Insulators).
-Charge particle III alone gets his shields from 11469 to 9709
-With the hole combo Tractor beam I (with Doff) + Tachyon Beam II + Charge Partricle III. Their shields went from 11469 to 6156 after 10 seconds.

Third test with him having 9 (nine) at Power Insulators and with the Borg deflector (+23 Starship Power Insulators).
-Charge particle III alone gets his shields from 11469 to 10695
-With the hole combo Tractor beam I (with Doff) + Tachyon Beam II + Charge Partricle III. Their shields went from 11469 to 10362 after 10 seconds.

Conclusions: in this test, is clear that all this is pretty much a mess.
In simple words:
  1. CPB III with out Borg deflector and with 0 (cero) on PI removes 4008 points of shield
  2. CPB III with Borg deflector and with 0 (cero) on PI removes 1760 points of shield
  3. CPB III with Borg deflector and with 9 (nine) on PI removes 774 points of shield
In even more simple words:
If we consider the point 1 as the 100% of the CPBIII, with only the Borg deflector, the power only function at 43% and with PI at the max with Borg set the power only function at 19%.
In even epic simple words: Borg deflector with +23 Starship Power Insulators is more important than a skilled PI at 9.

Personal opinion: It is clear that this is a complete chaos. Shield drains are not only useless against a completely skilled captains on Power Insulators, BUT also is near useless with against a ship that use one of the most popular deflectors in game! I stand with my previous opinion, this should not go live at all!

Sorry for bad English.
Thanks to Kharn, Sevak and Murnock for the help testing.