View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
That's a good question that should be asked. I think it's because they try to make everything super awesome, with voiceovers, and new technology... Basically, they're held back trying to make everything perfect x 1,000, instead of just buckling down, and getting good solid stuff out there. When anyone tries to make their work perfect, they spend too much time obsessing over details or things that don't need to be corrected.

Not saying they succeed in making things perfect, I just think they try too hard and it takes longer than it should because of that. Does every mission need a cutscene? No. Does every mission need a voiceover? No. Cryptic seems to think so, though, and it delays getting things out. Featured Episodes are supposed to be special, with that sort of stuff... regular missions don't need it, and should be churned out at a much faster pace.
I think nobody needs the unskippable voiceovers.

BTW - some foundry missions are far better with their walls of text..

WHY NOT USE THEM?
they do not need to be part of the official lore, just give them better EXP and rewards, and a bigger place on the screen, some kind of mechanism to have the series at one place - why not a Foundry-FE editions..

What does it cost? One man playing and evaluating them.